Our Guide To Creating The Perfect Coastal-themed Wedding
Coastal-themed weddings have surged in popularity in recent years, offering couples a unique and picturesque setting to exchange vows. With the serene sound of waves as the backdrop and the golden sand beneath your feet, it’s no wonder why so many couples are drawn to the idea of tying the knot by the sea.
Choosing the Perfect Beach Location
One of the first steps in planning a coastal-themed wedding is selecting the perfect location. Whether it’s a secluded cove, a pristine stretch of coastline, or a bustling beach resort, the options are endless. However, it’s essential to research potential venues thoroughly, considering factors such as accessibility, permits, and regulations.
Designing the Décor
Creating a coastal-themed décor like a beautiful surfboard for your wedding is like bringing the vibe of the beach right to your venue! Here’s how you can do it in simple terms:
- Use Beach Stuff: Get shells, driftwood, and sand to decorate. Put shells on tables, use driftwood as fancy table runners, and fill glass jars with sand and candles to make things cozy.
- Pick Beach Colors: Choose colors that remind you of the beach, like blue, green, sandy beige, or sunny yellow. These colors make everything feel calm and nice.
- Make Cool Centerpieces: Make your tables look awesome with beachy stuff. Put shells and candles in jars, or use little buckets filled with sand and flowers. You can even use old boat stuff like anchors and ropes!
- Use Soft Fabrics: Use soft and breezy fabrics like linen and chiffon. They make things feel relaxed. You can use them on tables or hang them up for decoration.
- Add Beachy Things: Put in stuff that reminds you of the beach, like ropes, anchors, and palm leaves. Hang knots on chairs, or put up signs with beachy symbols.
- Add Tropical Plants: Get some tropical plants and flowers to make things look green and lush. Palm leaves and bright flowers like orchids and hibiscus make everything feel like a tropical paradise.
- Make It Glow: Make your place look magical with pretty lights. Use fairy lights, lanterns, and candles to make everything glow and feel cozy.
- Make It Yours: Add personal touches that show who you are. Maybe you love surfing, so put up surfboards as decoration. Or you can have signs with your names written on seashells. Make it special!
By following these easy steps, you can turn your wedding venue into a beachy paradise that you and your friends will love!
Catering with Coastal Flair
When it comes to food for your coastal-themed wedding, think about serving yummy dishes that make everyone feel like they’re by the ocean! Here’s how you can do it:
- Fresh Seafood: Start with seafood like shrimp, oysters, and crab cakes. They’re tasty and perfect for a beach party vibe.
- Tropical Fruits: Add tropical fruits to your menu for a fresh and tropical taste. Try things like mango salsa, pineapple skewers, or coconut shrimp for a fun twist.
- Fun Drinks: Make cool drinks inspired by the beach, like margaritas, piña coladas, or fruity mocktails. They’re refreshing and great for sipping in the sun.
- BBQ Feast: Have a beach BBQ with grilled fish, shrimp, and barbecue chicken. Don’t forget classic sides like coleslaw and corn on the cob for a tasty meal.
- Veggie Options: Offer veggie options like grilled veggies, salads, or stuffed peppers for guests who don’t eat meat. It’s important to have something for everyone to enjoy.
- Fresh Juices: Serve up freshly squeezed juices made from tropical fruits. They’re perfect for staying hydrated and taste delicious too.
- Yummy Desserts: Finish off with desserts like key lime pie, coconut cream pie, or fruity sorbets. They’re sweet treats that everyone will love.
Entertainment and Activities
Keep your guests entertained with a variety of coastal-themed activities and entertainment. Set up beach games like volleyball or cornhole, hire a live band or DJ to keep the party going, and consider hosting a sunset ceremony followed by a bonfire on the beach.
Capturing memories at your coastal-themed wedding is all about getting awesome photos that you can look back on and smile. Here’s how to make sure you get those perfect shots:
- Find a Photographer Who Loves the Beach: Look for a photographer who knows how to take great pictures at the beach. They’ll know all the best spots and angles to make your photos look amazing.
- Use the Beach as Your Background: The beach is already super pretty, so make sure your photos show it off! Take pictures with the ocean, sand, and cool rocks in the background for a beachy vibe.
- Take Photos at Sunset: The hour before the sun sets is called golden hour, and it’s the perfect time for photos. The light is soft and warm, making everything look magical. So plan to take some photos during this time for extra beautiful shots.
- Try Drone Photos: Drone photos are like pictures taken from the sky, and they can look really cool! Ask your photographer if they can take some drone shots of your wedding from above.
- Get Candid Shots: Some of the best photos are the ones where you’re not posing. So don’t be afraid to laugh, hug, and dance naturally while the photographer snaps away.
- Take Photos in the Water: If you’re feeling adventurous, take some photos in the water! You can splash around with your friends or have a romantic moment with your partner while the waves crash around you.
- Capture the Little Details: Don’t forget to take photos of all the little things that make your wedding special, like your bouquet, the decorations, and your cute coastal-themed cake topper.
- Get Photos with Your Friends and Family: Your wedding day is all about celebrating with the people you love, so make sure to get lots of photos with them! You’ll treasure these memories forever.
- Plan for Sunset Photos: If your wedding is happening at sunset, make sure to plan some time for photos when the sky is turning all sorts of pretty colors. These photos will be extra magical!
- Have Fun with It: Most importantly, have fun with your photos! Don’t worry too much about posing perfectly or getting everything just right. The most important thing is that you’re having an awesome time with the people you care about.
A coastal-themed wedding offers couples a romantic and unforgettable way to celebrate their love surrounded by the beauty of nature. By carefully planning every aspect of your event like cute surfboard designs, from the location and décor to the attire and entertainment, you can create the perfect beach wedding that you and your guests will cherish forever.